I am putting out an all points bulletin to find out where my son, Zak, has gone. Ever since he got his call I am noticing a boy in our house that looks a lot like him, but there are some major differences that lead me to believe he has been abducted by aliens. Here is a list of the evidence that makes me suspicious.
1 -Last night at dinner he asked that I slowly start adding in things like onions, peppers and tomatoes to my regular recipes. The old Zak would refuse to eat anything with the slightest suggestion of any of the above being included in a dish. He would go without, before eating them.
2 - He is looking for a second job to not only save more money but to fill his time so he won't go crazy. The old Zak although a hard worker, didn't want to go out of his box to find a job and certainly didn't want his weekends bothered with a job.
3 - He is planning on labeling everything in our house with it's Spanish translation so he can start learning the language. The old Zak hated Spanish when he took it in high school and thought it was dumb.
4 - Tanner really wants to buy a bow with all the accessories which will easily cost $500. Zak told him he didn't need it and to save his money. The old Zak didn't think he could live without one either. And only a few months ago thought there was a gun he just couldn't live without. He didn't buy either. But still would have if he could have afforded it.
5 - This week Zak went and had the oil changed in his car without any suggestion, berating, demanding, or begging of his parents. The old Zak would put it off until he was threatened to have the keys taken away if he didn't do it.
So even though I suspect my son has an alien inhabiting his body....I think I kind of like it!
Oh Val - he's growing up and to be a great kid. I love it! All the hard work of parenting is coming to fruition. That gives me hope that one day all my comments will sink in. We are so excited for his mission call.
ReplyDeleteI love that he is willing to try eating different things. I can't believe how much he has matured. Thanks to his wonderful parents he has grown into someone we can all be proud of!
ReplyDelete