That night Tanner's great-grandpa, Elmer Park, called and asked if he would come help him around his shop. At least that is the story I was given. It turns out that at 5:30 on Monday morning Elmer was at our house measuring the span of the ditch.
When I got home on Wednesday night I rushed inside to grab Karlee and take her to clogging. Layne told me to wait because Tanner had something to tell me. Tanner took me out the front door and my jaw dropped to the ground. He showed me the bridge and said it was an early Mother's day gift from him and Grandpa Elmer. I sure seem to have this man fooled that I am a good person. But evidently Tanner thinks so too because I keep hearing things he tells people about me that are so nice. I don't understand it, because Tanner actually lives with me and knows better. But evidently he is willing to look past my mean Mom moments and love me anyway. So I am pretty lucky
Wow, what an amazing gift. It turned out really great. They stained it and everything! I don't know what I did to deserve it, but I am just thrilled to have it. Elmer and Merlene have been so good to me and our family. We are so lucky to have them in our lives.The next day I had my niece, Miriam, cut and color my hair. When I got home the first thing Layne said when he saw it was, "You look younger!" Wow, I can't think of anything better he could have said. Of course the next thing he said was, "It's short." I think I need to show him Rachel's haircut so he can see what short really is. It is funny he still does a double take when he looks at me. And when we were driving to town together he said, I feel like I am cheating on you. I told him it would be okay to go out with his new mistress this one time.

We got good news from Dr. Biddolph today. Tanner's toe will not need to have surgery. He said although it is a bad break that everything is lined up well and should heal. So he will just have to wear the boot for six weeks, which he just loves! Luckily the Memorial Day camping/biking trip is exactly six weeks from his injury.

It is a good thing he doesn't have to have surgery because he asked Karissa Hathaway to prom for next Saturday. The doctor did want to make sure he was careful at the dance, because if his toe were to get stepped on it could be a disaster and then require surgery. So I think he has an out for spending too much time on the dance floor.
I love love love your hair Val! That bridge is awesome! I think it's safe to say we all think your a great mom and very grateful for you!
ReplyDeleteLove the bridge. That is so nice. Love you too!
ReplyDelete