This Christmas season has been an eventful one for the Terry family. It began with our ward Christmas party on the 18th. Zak's friend, Brian, AKA "House" played Santa. We couldn't resist taking our turns sitting on his lap!



Karlee's Achievement day group decorated gingerbread houses that were used as centerpieces for the tables at the party.

Karlee's school program was excellent. Their music teacher, Mr. Colleti really gets the best out of these kids. The night before we put Karlee's hair in rollers. The next morning when we took them out she was thrilled with her bouncy curls and proclaimed, "I'm so cute!"
This year Frank and Jeannette went to Texas to see Dave, Jana and new baby Ashtyn. So we had an early Wilding Christmas the week before. There is always lots of delicious food and generous gift giving. The adult couples all received a dutch oven with chili and corn bread mix. And we got ceramic "Three Wise Men" to add to our Nativity that Jeannette gave us last year.
Zak got new ties for his mission as well as new work gloves for his job that will really come in handy.
Karlee got a huge activity set, some lotions and a book subscription.On Christmas Eve the extended Terry family followed tradition and went to the movies. Most people watched Tron while the younger kids saw Yogi Bear. Afterwards everyone came to our house. We had soup, stuffed mushrooms and every yummy dip, bread and candy you can think of. After eating some of us played card games while the men watched TV. I was having such an enjoyable time I forgot to get any pictures. DANG!
Tanner was exhausted and before I knew it he had gone to bed at 8:30! So the next morning I got a text at 7:00 asking if we could get up for Christmas. Yes, that is the day and age we live in! He had been awake since 5:30 a.m. and felt he was doing us a favor waiting that long. I was surprised Karlee wasn't awake yet. Since I didn't get to bed until 1:00 a.m. I was hoping for a little later, but it could have been worse.
Here is the room before we opened the presents. The kids are actually pretty good about everyone taking a turn and making it last as long as possible.
Here is my Vanna White impression showing off all my hard work before it is all gone in 15 minutes, just like Thanksgiving dinner.
Zak was thrilled with his new hoody and matching hat. He even did this pose on his own! Sometimes it is just better to join in Mom's madness. You will never beat her. He also got luggage and new Dock Martin shoes for his mission.
Karlee takes after Grandma Terry and is always cold. So she got footy pajamas, lots of creative Crayola activities. She also got a few cute shirts and a coat.Tanner got a new coat and boots and his favorite gift would have to be the Wildlife call. It is a "squawk box" that has about five different animal calls on it.
Layne got a range finder that lets you know about how many yards away the animal is that you want to shoot. He also got new shoes and a floor crawler for getting under the car.
I got spoiled with a new Oster mixer, George Foreman grill, Sunday boots and shirts.
Christmas morning Grandpa and Grandma Terry stopped by. They had just been to Val and Nora's. Gabriella and Arabella had received a makeup kit for Christmas. Grandpa was a good sport and let them paint his nails. He got quite a kick out of those little girls. At the Wilding party they had their neighbor who is a caricature artist come over and draw each of us. It was a lot of fun. Everyone got a real kick out of it!
Zak says he thinks this makes him look like he is "in the rut!"

Tanner wins for closest likeness. I swear I could find a picture of him as a little kid that is identical!

Karlee was especially thrilled with hers and again exclaimed, "I'm so cute!" I accidentally deleted the close up of Karlee's picture and can't figure out how to add it and get it back in the right place. Does anyone know how to do that? I guess I can fix it when I print my blog book.
Everyone who looks at this tells Layne he looks just like his dad. The artist knows how to get a good tip by making the guys look a little goofy and making the women look gorgeous. I can't say I disagree!
Zak says he thinks this makes him look like he is "in the rut!"
Tanner wins for closest likeness. I swear I could find a picture of him as a little kid that is identical!
Karlee was especially thrilled with hers and again exclaimed, "I'm so cute!" I accidentally deleted the close up of Karlee's picture and can't figure out how to add it and get it back in the right place. Does anyone know how to do that? I guess I can fix it when I print my blog book.
Everyone who looks at this tells Layne he looks just like his dad. The artist knows how to get a good tip by making the guys look a little goofy and making the women look gorgeous. I can't say I disagree! Overall it has been a great Christmas and a great year. We are so blessed to have such a great family and to live in this free country where we are able to celebrate the birth of our Savior.

No comments:
Post a Comment