The week before he started this job he and his friend, Russ, bought snow boards and a season pass to Targhee. So they were definitely on the naughty list! They have already got their money's worth since they have gone twice a week for the past three weeks! Luckily Russ got a job with the same construction company and they work four ten hour days each week. I guess it is good for them to get all their fun out of their system before they go on their missions and get to dedicate 24/7 to serving others.
On November 30th, Grandma Terry celebrated the 40th anniversary of her 29th birthday. I fixed soup and bought bread bowls and we enjoyed the evening at her house with the Munns family. We all chipped in and got her a standing jewelry box, which will hold some of her beautiful jewelery, but won't make a dent in her collection.
Last week Theresa and Rich invited us to their house for Family Home Evening. Rich taught a less on how we each have our own talents to nourish and that each person is important as an individual. We did an object lesson by making cookies. Each person had a different task to help get the job done. Frank had the recipe in the front room, while Layne had to relay the directions to those in the kitchen making the cookies. Jeannette was given the task of encouraging, without helping or advising. A tough thing for a mom and grandma to hold back, but she was a great cheerleader. Tera had to set the oven and the timer blindfolded. Tanner, Karlee and Tenlee and Grandpa Park were in charge of mixing everything.
Printed proof that I can make chocolate chip cookies blindfolded! My assignment was to place the cookies on the sheet while wearing a blindfold. I did quite well, if I do say so myself.
Afterwards we went around the circle and told what talent the person to our left possesses. Grandpa Park was sitting next to me and got choked up when he told how happy he was that I was part of their family. He always knows how to make my day! Everyone took turns holding Theresa's daughter, Maci. Here it is Merlene's turn. She is such a cutie and everyone loves her.
December 11th was my Mom's 89th birthday. We celebrated the day before by having all my siblings and their spouses come for soup...I sense a theme here. It is always nice to spend time with my siblings. Mom seemed to enjoy it. When we sang her "Happy Birthday" she joined in on the last line, singing her usual harmony.

Saturday morning was a busy day of cleaning and we started with the dogs. We have had a metal chain around Crash's neck that has turned his white hair gray. So he was looking pretty rough, not to mention not smelling all that sweet. So Tanner took on the task. Once he was lifted into the tub he actually behaved himself and I think he kind of enjoyed it.

Tanner had enough of the dog wash, so Karlee and I took our turn washing Bo.

Then Layne got to finish the makeover by drying him with the blow dryer.

Once we were done with the dogs, Layne swept and vacuumed the whole house. I love it when he does this because he does an ever better job at it than I do. I stayed busy cleaning the kitchen and bathrooms. I even got ambitious and pulled out the fridge and cleaned all the dust bunnies that have grown under there. YUCK! But it feels so good when it is done. While I finished cleaning Layne took Karlee Christmas shopping. This has become their tradition to shop for me and Karlee has been looking forward to it. That night Layne and I went to town and finished up the shopping. I just need to finish up the stocking stuffers. So it feels good to have it pretty much done this early. Afterwards Zak brought Karlee to town and we went to see the new Narnia movie. It was a good show and I felt like we could be rewarded for a big day and getting a lot accomplished.
Sunday was a twelve hour day. After church we had choir practice for an hour to get ready for the program next week. Then the R.S. presidency made visits to all the widows in the ward with a loaf of bread. There were thirteen and we found ten at home. One thing about widows is they like to visit, so we were out for three hours. When I got home, Karlee and I went with Grandma Terry to the Melodairs Christmas concert. It was nice but by the time we got home at 8:30 I was worn out and ready to be done for the day.
So I think that catches me up for now. I hope you all are having a wonderful Christmas season.
No comments:
Post a Comment