Friday, November 19, 2010

This and That

I am happy to report that we have had Family Home Evening for four weeks in a row. I think we should get a big gold star! The week after we did pumpkins we took dinner to Frank and Jeannette's and Zak gave the lesson on President Ukdorff's talk about patience. We all took turns sharing what kinds of things make us impatient. I admitted that I lose my patience with the kids more than I like and they were all willing to jump on board and add to my list. But we all resolved that we all want to work harder at being patient in many aspects of our life.



The next week Tanner gave a lesson about building our testimonies. The day before was testimony meeting and Tanner bore his testimony about doing baptisms for the dead. We have a new family in our ward that have just been baptised and they went to the temple with the youth to do baptisms. They helped Tanner realize how lucky we are to live here and to have the temple so close. The spirit was very strong in that meeting and the whole meeting seemed to focus on the temple. This was a real blessing since the lesson I had prepared for Relief Society that day was on the blessings of the temple.

This week Karlee was in charge and she decided we should go to Targhee Lanes in St. Anthony to go bowling as a family . They just recently reopened it after being closed for many years. It was a lot of fun. We all had some good turns and bad turns.




Karlee was frustrated that they didn't have bumpers. She is used to bowling with them and has a great strategy of banking the ball of the left side, then the right side then it goes straight down the middle. She was getting pretty frustrated at her dad and brothers trying to give her pointers. After each tip the ball went immediately in the gutter. Needless to day she ended with a score of 7. What a bummer!



Zak has got the most powerful throw. We were afraid his ball was going to go out the back wall half the time.



For all Tanner's big talk, even Mom beat his score tonight!



Layne has been bugging me for a long time to put some blond highlights in my hair. It was time to have my color redone and so I had my niece, Miriam, do it. I was just planning on a plain color. But she had the weaving tinfoil out and so I figured I would go for it. She did a really good job. It is very subtle and not even that noticeable, which I think is the sign of a successful color job. I was impressed that Tanner's friend, Branson, noticed though. He will make a good husband one day if he pays that close of attention to his wife's hair.











No comments:

Post a Comment