Monday, September 27, 2010

Indian Summer Weekend

We love it when the lawn is freshly mowed and trimmed!

The dogs loved the corn cobs and did their part to help clean up


What an incredibly beautiful Indian Summer weekend we had this past weekend! It was in the mid 80's for the end of September. That is just crazy, but in a very good way. Saturday morning I attended a new member baptism for a mother and daughter in our ward. It was really neat because their husband and father who had been baptized many years earlier but had gone inactive was able to baptize them. They are going to be an incredible asset to our ward.

When I got home Layne and the kids had been busy mowing, edging and cleaning up the yard. It looks great! Then I got busy getting corn on the cob ready to freeze. Karlee helped my shuck it. Then I cooked it and cut it while Tanner bagged it. We did it all out on the front lawn so we could enjoy the beautiful weather and it really saved on clean up, by keeping it out of the kitchen for the most part. Then that evening I went to the General Women's Conference, which was really good and reminded me what is really important. We must love and not judge being the general feeling I left with.

Sunday was another beautiful day. After our regular church meetings I did a few R.S. visits and then just sat outside reading and enjoying the warm sun. I started on my porch swing and then moved to the trampoline and ended up in the shop so I could spend some time with Layne while he reloaded bullets. After that Layne and I took a walk and came home to enjoy some fresh salsa that I made from Sara's recipe. My family LOVES it and we wish we could have fresh tomatoes year round so that we could have it more often.

All around it was just the perfect weekend. I felt like I accomplished a lot and at the same time got in some good rest and relaxation as well. If I could just find a way to bottle that so I could do the same every weekend it would be great!

No comments:

Post a Comment