Well, another year down. I had a very nice birthday this year. I had lots of phone calls and text messages wishing me well. My sister-in-law Leisa took me to lunch at TGI Friday's with my mother-in-law, Verla. I splurged with a delicious chicken and shrimp dish. And then since I had a coupon for a free dessert we got the complimentary birthday ice cream plus a piece of peanut butter pie. Oh it was very decadent!
The bummer of the day was finding out that the condenser on the A/C in my van is out and will cost nearly $700 to repair. So I'm hoping we can find one in a junk yard or I will probably just have to plan on having sweat trickle down all my cracks and crevices for the next two months. I guess I should be glad that we are getting a late start at summer.
When I got home from work Tanner had made a delicious Mexican Hot Dip with chips and pasta salad. Then we went and saw the movie "Prince of Persia." It was a really good show. Of course afterwards the kids wanted a blizzard from Dairy Queen. Needless to say I did not get on the scales the next morning. Monday, Monday...we get back on the wagon right?
Layne got me a pot of purple petunias, a photo scrapbook (the kind you just slip the picture in and write a description next to it, just my style), and some books. Tanner and Zak got me a magnetic "Family" sign. And Karlee made me a nice card and a paper purse which I would love to use rather than carrying my heavy luggage of a purse.
Verla gave me a cute new white T-shirt and some hand soap. Jeannette gave me a Scentsy candle. So overall I was very spoiled and had a very nice day.
No comments:
Post a Comment