Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Crash!


On the day after Christmas Zak was on his way to Radio Shak to get some parts for our new projector when he was hit by a girl in a 15 passenger van. He was going through the light and she was supposed to yield to him but instead turned and hit his rear driver side door. The rear door was completely caved in and unable to open, and the fender was crushed into the tire. So it was undriveable.

This happened at about 8:00 p.m. Zak was very upset and afraid to call us. I guess we must be pretty mean parents. We were just glad that he was okay. I think he was most upset because he knew he wouldn't have anything to drive. But it turns out it might work out for the best. The car will be totalled and hopefully we will be able to get something that is actually in better shape. The paint job on the roof was cracking and rusting out and the valves were starting to knock. The really frustrating part is that we just bought two new tires, and a new alternator for the car.

So now I am driving a rental until the insurance works out a settlement and Zak is driving my van. Zak and Layne are on the Internet every night looking for a new vehicle. I hope we get enough to get something decent. I have had this 1997 Nissan for twelve years. It has certainly served me well.
But it is time to move on to bigger and better things. Of course the boys would love to have a truck but I have put my foot down to that idea. I don't want to have t0 pay for the gas. I wouldn't mind a Toyota truck. They have looked at everything from another Nissan to a Cadillac. Car shopping is such a guy thing. I hate it. Thank heavens they love it. As long as they find something that is in good condition and in our budget that is all that matters to me.

1 comment:

  1. Wow I'm glad Zak didn't get hurt! Hope you guys are doing well!

    ReplyDelete