Monday, July 20, 2009

Zak's 17th Birthday



Zak turned 17 yesterday. He woke up to singing from Mom. He said later at church, "It doesn't even feel like my birthday." I told him to get used to it. It only goes downhill from here. After church we went to Frank and Jeannette's for dinner. They barbecued chicken and steaks. And we had yummy potato, fruit and green salads. Theresa and Rich were there also. We always
have lots of fun and laughs when we are together.

Zak got two new pairs of shoes, which he picked out two weeks ago but I wouldn't let him have them until his birthday. He also got a couple new shirts, a pair of biking gloves and goggles, some under armor for football and a gift card so that he can buy a class ring. And of course the upgrade to Layne's KX500, that was the real big gift, even though he got that a few months ago.
Grandma and Grandpa Wilding gave him movie tickets and money, two gifts that can't go wrong!
Zak is growing into quite a fine young man. They say the best indicator of your kid's character is what other people tell you about them. I hear nothing but praise from other people about Zak. Everyone likes him and is impressed with him. He has lots of really good friends and can hang out with a different group every night. I give him a hard time about how much money we spend on him. But I know that payback is coming in about 40 years. So I know we can count on him to be there for us when we need him. We love you Zak!

No comments:

Post a Comment