Last night after we took Zak out to dinner for his birthday, Layne and I went on what has become our routine walk/jog down by the river. Layne pushes me to jog, even though I would rather just do a fast walk. But it is good for me and I have been amazed at how well I have done. Well, I guess I spoke too soon. While we were jogging back, my mind must have wandered, because all of a sudden I tripped over my own feet and fell flat on my face. I biffed it from my head to my toes. I scraped my cheek, bruised the right side of my chest, scraped my left elbow, tore back the skin on both palms, scraped my right knee and twisted my left ankle.
Layne tried his best to catch me and the dogs, who love to go with us, where all over me trying to help. I just had to lay there for a minute and try not to cry. Layne helped me up and I told him to go ahead and keep jogging. He refused, like a good husband should and walked the rest of the way with me. I stopped along the way and rinsed my bloody hands off in the river. Then when we got home, Layne nursed all my wounds. That is when I got light headed and thought I would pass out.
I have been such a klutz lately. A few weeks ago I tripped outside my sister's house and skinned up both knees. Then a week later I was walking across the yard of our old house in the dark and walked into the water hydrant. It tore my pants and left bruises and scrapes on both knees. I guess it's official, I have become a member of the Terry Clabberbutts. Layne's mom and sister Leisa have quite a reputation for falling and hurting themselves. So they are often made fun of. But they are usually called "clabbera**es" by the men.
I was really worried about how I would be able to take care of my mom with all my injuries. I told her what happened, and like any mom should she got this terribly worried look on her face and said, "I'm so sorry that happened to you. Why don't you sit down." Luckily everything went smoothly and I'm keeping Tylenol as a close friend.
What a fall! Hope you are okay. I'm impressed with the nightly routine. Good for you guys.
ReplyDeleteMan I hope you are ok. You need to take care of yourself!
ReplyDelete