Thursday, February 5, 2009

If wishes were fishes

When I was taking Karlee to pick up her friends for the movie on Saturday she said that she wished we had another girl in our family. I told her that would be cool if things were more even. Then she said, "Yeah, I really want a baby sister." I again said, "Yeah, that would be nice." She must have figured I wasn't getting the point because she then very vehemently asked, "Why can't you just have a baby?" I just shook my head and told her I was trying. It just isn't always that easy.

My parents don't get it either. My dad says all he ever had to do was hang his pants on the bed post. And when they figured out what was causing it they were having too much fun. That must be our problem. Layne's pants usually just end up on the floor.

2 comments:

  1. Val, you crack me up! I've loved reading your blog so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm coming over to hang those pants up tonight!

    ReplyDelete