


The dollhouse was a big hit! I think Tanner had as much fun as Karlee getting all the furniture set up in the house. I had forgotten how much stuff I had packed away for it. It was a blast from the past looking at it all again. I remember my friend, Kirsten, helped me make a lot of things for the house and I was reminded of how much fun we had with it. I still have the quilt she made for the bed and the bean bag chairs among other things. I remember at one point we even made a water bed out of a ziplock baggie.
Karlee also got triple combination scriptures and some new dresses and shirts. Grandma Terry gave her a Barbie, socks, dress and candy. The funniest part of the party was when she pulled out the sports bras, since as Grandma Terry would say, "we need to cover those lumps and bumps." She acted appropriatly shocked and embarrassed. But luckily she has a friend who already wears one, so it wasn't that big of deal. But Zak's reaction was the best. He had a look of horror on his face and asked, "What's next, pantyhose?" I said, "What's next is worse." This comment made the look of horror change to a look of dread. I know I'm sure dreading what comes next. And Layne is breathing a sigh of relief that I will be the one to deal with it instead of him.
The evening ended with an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen and me calling an end to the dollhouse fun because it was time for bed. I'm so glad she likes it.
Wonderful blog! I knew you could do it! I can't believe that doll house. It's amazing - just like you. It's so wonderful that you gave it to Karlee. What special gift. I know she will always treasure it.
ReplyDeleteI loved that dollhouse! If you have a chance, you should post more pictures, I'd love to see the inside again for a little stroll down memory lane. Cute blog, I can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeleteThat was Cami who loves the dollhouse =)I'm new to the whole commenting thing.
ReplyDelete